RailComm brings you the world’s only integrated command and control operating platform, utilized by railroads of any size, merging dozens of traditionally separate control applications and eliminating the cost and complexity of maintaining multiple legacy systems.
- Integrates CTC mainline traffic control, SCADA, yard automation, dark territory control, and asset management.
- Centralizes command and control.
- Improves yard movement efficiencies and safety.
- Decreases terminal dwell times.
- Improves worker safety by reducing the opportunities for tripping hazards, back strains, and pinch points.
- Optimizes and coordinates Train-Engine-Car-Crew resource tasking.
- Measures performance improvements and eliminates “choke” points.
Class 1 Freight
In the switching-intensive environment of a Class 1 railroad yard, train engines, cars, and crew are in motion at the same time—a situation with a high potential for interference in movement and error in car placement.
Shortline railroads need the assistance of computer-aided dispatch control systems to keep their trains running on schedule and without mishap—all at a cost that fits within tight budget parameters.
Moving shipping containers from a major port to multiple destinations is a complex endeavor. Competition from other ports creates an imperative: the transfer of containers and cars must be timely, efficient, and safe.
What if you could automate the movement of rail cars in your plant based on the immediate needs of your factory? Today, industry’s railcars are primarily switched by third-party contract services at a fixed cost.